Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ronald McDonald House



Joyce Halldorson asked me if I would volunteer to do a pro bono photo shoot for the Seattle Ronald McDonald House. Joyce and I are on the committee for the Contemporary Art Council of the Seattle Art Museum.

A few months back, she'd asked if I was available to do an architectural shoot at the House. With little experience in that type of shooting, I suggested that she contact Seattle-area architectural photographer Lara Swimmer, who graciously took on that task.

My shoot involved children at the House engaged in an Easter egg painting event. I accepted the opportunity and undertook the shoot. I found the kids unexpectedly complex (with perhaps a little sadness, a little confusion, a lot of enthusiasm and a suprising amount of joy) and very engaging.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful series. Visiual soup for the soul.